Friday, January 7, 2011

TIP- LOOK DOWN

Although the homes are uniquely beautiful, the sidewalks are not. I know of several embarrassing and painful situations where sidewalks are always involved. One of our neighbors fell on the way to work and broke her kneecap; I slipped coming home from work and split my lip; my husband took a tumble but luckily was "winter padded" enough to break the fall; and a friend visiting from the Midwest landed on her face. Another friend bruised up her face in Old Town. Imagine the surprise to greet your spouse with a mouth full of blood and a possible broken tooth when you thought you were going to sit down for a peaceful and quiet afternoon lunch! So, look down when you're walking or you could suffer the consequences. The only time one of us fell in our old neighborhood was when the dog's leash got tangled up in my legs. Now that is a legitimate excuse! Even at work, on a flat surface, the halls are so slippery that people are sliding and falling all the time. One of my colleagues broke a shoulder and another got a very swollen knee.

High heels anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment