Friday, March 4, 2011

FAITH IS RESTORED

It was a long day of a long week, and I had an appointment to get my hair cut in the Eastern Market neighborhood on 7th street. I've been going there since we moved, and if it is warm enough, I usually walk there after work and then walk home once we are done. Since it is still quite cold, my husband drove me there, dropped me off, and then went to the grocery store just down the street. When I walked out, to my amazement and surprise, my husband and a young gentleman were tending to a flat tire on the front right passenger side. This incident, in and of itself, does not sound particularly odd.  But we just had a flat tire on Sunday. It was on the left rear. The car was just taken on Monday to a gas station down the street, and it was repaired. The strange thing about this was that someone offered to help and actually did. We then drove the car back to the same gas station for them to now check the right front tire. Within the last 6 months, the left front tire was also flat while we were in the town of Frederick, Maryland on a Saturday night. I am getting a little paranoid about getting in to that car. Something is bound to go wrong with the one remaining tire on the rear right side. While pulling the cover flap in the rear of the car, the handle broke off. I think the car is beginnng to show it's age, but we are hoping to keep it going until it can't any more. If something like this is going to happen, it's nice that it was in our neighborhood, near a gas station, and be able to depend upon the kindness of strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment