Tuesday, March 15, 2011

MONTICELLO SEEDS TO SOW

It was a little warmer over the last couple days, and due to be really nice by Friday. Impatient as I am to get my garden going, I wanted to plant the seeds from Monticello. I'm sure there are ten times more seeds in those packs than this little garden can handle. But I also know that only a few strong ones really make it past the infant stage. So, rather than just scattering the seeds around and hoping for the best, I made little "plots" of the same kind of seed, saved the envelopes they came in, covered the envelopes in plastic, and stuck them in the ground to remind me where I put them all. Let's hope for some really pretty Thomas Jefferson plants. and flowers... it's fun to think that the guy actually walked around this neighborhood! The growing season was so short up North- it's still snow covered there now. But everyone here has allergies. We were told that if you never had allergies before you moved here, you will definitely have them within 5 years. Everything does grow beautifully here, but there is a price to pay.
Hoping for a 10-20 foot vine out of this one!
(back there by the fence)

No comments:

Post a Comment