Thursday, March 31, 2011

NATIONALS OPENING DAY

Baseball is big in my family. My brother was drafted by the Orioles and played a little minor league ball as a left handed pitcher- and is named in the baseball Hall of Fame! I went to more baseball games than most while growing up. Baseball seems to be making a comeback. My grandson is on the Capitol Hill little league team. Yesterday he and his Mom went to the Nationals pre opening game activities to visit with the players and get some autographs. My Dad and brother went to all the Spring training games in Florida... the Cardinals were based in St. Petersburg. Opening day rarely has decent baseball temperatures, and today was no different. It was in the 40's and drizzly. Up north, there is now a covered stadium- so at least if it snows, the inhabitants are not affected. A colleague at work said that they used to get the day off from school to attend opening day ceremonies. Some things never change.
Casey Stengel-
we have an autographed ball to go along with this picture!

My brother and a Cardinal player from the 60's-
anyone know who it is?

My brother and a Mets player from the 60's-
don't know this one either

My grandson and Strasburg
of the Nationals from yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment