Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Civil War Remembered

This afternoon I walked over to the new exhibit in the Library of Congress called "The Last Full Measure." It houses many pictures of civil war soldiers and families for one to gaze upon and contemplate what might have been going on in those heads. I belonged to the Civil War Round Table for many years before moving here, and attended many discussions, and even balls. There is a Capitol Hill Civil War Round Table, but I have not joined it. I did request information about it and never received a response. The lack of response to a variety of questions we ask here is the striking difference between living here compared to up north. Both my husband and I are quick to respond to a request. It can't be a Midwestern attribute because I am from the Northeast and he is from another country! Regardless, the exhibit is interesting, and the setting is beautiful.
The entrance to the Civil War exhibit
in the most beautiful building in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment