Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Government Shutdown- For Real?

I wanted to take a picture of the news station camera crew interviewing people on the corner at lunch time as they walked by to get perspectives on what people are thinking about the possible government shutdown. Unless something major occurs, it is scheduled to begin on Saturday- IF it happens. For how long? No one seems to know. The news crew was gone by the time I left work this afternoon. But, we received more notice to prepare for the inevitable - all the time cards need to be validated by Thursday afternoon so they can be processed. Generally this activity would occur on Monday.  An official document with questions and answers was distributed. All the tables in front of Bullfeathers were occupied by suit and tie types, and there were a lot of black limos lining the streets. I just wish someone would make up their mind! We have guests coming from our old neighborhood for the weekend. I'm not sure what will be open or closed. It's hard to plan for anything. But it is an "exciting" time. When the last shutdown occurred in the 90's, I don't think that we hardly noticed we were so far removed from the action. I'm glad we don't need a passport. I hear that the DC trash collection will be affected. I was going to submit a request to get the grass on the corner lot next to the condo cut. But I have a feeling that it won't be addressed for a while.  It may be interesting to walk over to the Capitol and watch the madness, but if the government is officially closed, we probably won't get in!

No comments:

Post a Comment