Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This is Hard

I was off for a few days visiting the happiest nation on earth. In some ways I am very jealous of what goes on there- especially after returning to work and not only trying to catch up on what was not done, but plunging into new assignments that keep me from catching up on what was not done. I've been at this full time for over 35 years now, and it's hard to like going to work. We are also going through a transition time where things will be changing whether we like them or not. My neck is sore from sitting in front of the computer screen all day long without a walk or even bathroom breaks. And the deadlines are hovering. Then I try to think about why I am where I am and am thankful to the person who gave me the opportunity to have this particular job, because it allowed us to actually move here from the Midwest. There is talk of early retirement and buy-outs- none of which is a sure thing at this time. I really like what I do but would like to do it less hours in the week. Maybe that option will be on the table by the end of the year.... or perhaps I should just be grateful for what I have. But I wish I lived in Denmark and did not have to worry about health insurance and a host of other things. But then again, I could not stand the cold and long dark winters, which was the main reason to leave Milwaukee!

No comments:

Post a Comment