Friday, July 22, 2011

The Unexpected Dental Visit

It seems that when you think things are going along well something usually happens to change the course. My mother had just mentioned that her front tooth had broken off and it would require some work. I usually get whatever she has- and wouldn't you know that the next day, a section of my front tooth broke off too. Luckily it was not painful, but I felt very awkward since it was the front tooth. When I went to work the next morning, I called the dental office (that I actually walk past on the way to work) to see if they could squeeze me in for a check. I was in the office in 5 minutes and out within the hour with a complete patch job. I have a friend who visits from Arizona, and she mentioned that there must be something in the water here because both she and her daughter had teeth break off during their visits here. I suppose if these things are going to happen - and they are bound to - it is wonderful to know that we have a full service dental clinic just one block away. I should know, because I need to use these services more than I care to. I'm not sure what would happen if something happened over a weekend. I hope I don't ever need to find out. The dentist we had in Milwaukee was just awful compared to this bunch, but the medical care there was a lot better than here. I guess you can't have everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment