Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Wet Rats

Growing up in Florida, an umbrella was an essential accessory primarily because of all the thunder showers that regularly occur in the afternoon - unless you have the time and wait for it to pass. But I hate getting wet, and then walking around all wet, regardless of where I am. There is always an umbrella in my purse, one in the car, and a really sturdy one for the downpours. Before there was the Internet and applications and the weather channel, I always listened for the weather report the evening before and prepared my clothes accordingly. This approach also saved time and I could sleep a few extra minutes. Yesterday my husband was talking to someone who seemed very surprised that he even knew what the temperature was and had planned his dress based on it. People in this town say they are intelligent, but not when it comes to common sense. So today, it was supposed to rain after a sunny morning- and it did. Based on what I saw on the sidewalk, it was obvious most people around here don't really care. I like the way they all put their hands in their pockets and pretend like it's warm and dry outside.
An expensive substitute- with heels too!

Must not be working

the most typical scene

The second  most typical scene- It is actually winter, in the 40's, and raining

Proof on the right - someone with common sense

No comments:

Post a Comment