Monday, February 20, 2012

Fed Ex

We needed to mail some tax papers at the Fed Ex store that is located across the street from the Library of Congress on 2nd street. If you walk a few more steps you'll be on Pennsylvania Avenue. While there at the Fed Ex store, 2 young gentlemen were struggling with several boxes of materials and having a serious conversation with the clerk about the importance if getting this shipment to the destination no later than a certain date. A sample of what was in the boxes was sitting on the counter next to us- The Annual Report To The Utah State Legislature, United States Senator Mike Lee. One of the young men said I could page through it if I liked. I really didn't. All I could see was how expensive the printing of the materials was, the cost of shipping them all to Utah, and have a good idea that no one will read any of it. I might be wrong, but I doubt it. I suppose it looks impressive, and keeps some people in business, but this whole process looks archaic at the same time.
Looks impressive?

Never heard much from Senator Lee

The typical blue suit "uniform"

A convenient location
Our bank is on the corner along Pennsylvania Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment