Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Willard Hotel High Tea

My sister asked that we join her, a friend and her mother for high tea at the Willard Hotel. Traveling along Pennsylvania Avenue and ending up right near the White House, my husband dropped me and a friend of mine off at the hotel at 1:30 sharp. The hotel reminded me of the Drake in Chicago. We visited there a couple times over the years while living in Milwaukee. But this place has a different place in history, though it probably looks nothing like it did back in the day. I understand most of it has been renovated from the original, where Mr. Lincoln stayed. My friend was commenting about a story that describes the scene for inauguration. Things have changed a little bit from the six inches of mud in the streets. Nevertheless, it was a delightful afternoon to meet new friends, and chat with old ones as well. The best part was not only the tea, but also the finger sandwiches, the scones, and the desserts!
Right on Pennsylvania Avenue near the White House


In the lobby on the way to the tea

A beautiful place setting

No comments:

Post a Comment