Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Another Room With A View

When you work in an office with no windows, it is such a treat to go to a meeting where there are not only windows, but one of a kind views from the windows. What struck me about these views today was that there were workmen crawling around the dome area of the Jefferson Building - and if you look really close, you can see a man peeking his head out of the second window from the right just below the dome. This is several stories up, and the workers were coming and going throughout the duration of the meeting. What is also interesting is the cherry blossoms that can be seen from the 6th floor of where we were sitting, with the Adams Building in the background. And, as you look west, there lies the Capitol. We have seen folks crawling around up here too. Our daughter in law got a tour of the dome and took some fabulous pictures of our house from there. I have had windows in my offices before, but nothing as spectacular as this.
Doing some exterior work on the Jefferson Building

The view from the 6th floor of the Madison Building

The city is looking like Spring

1 comment:

  1. Lois, seeing these pictures makes me realize how homesick I am for the 'hood, my friends, my 'real' life in Washington. I've loved the weather and time with my sister in Florida, but am ready to come home. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete