Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hill Rag Wall Art

Every month we pick up the new edition of the Hill Rag. This month it seemed to come out a little later than usual, but it's always a treat to see what the cover will look like. We use the magazine as wall art in our TV room, and also read some of the stories about the neighborhood real estate exchanges, and the school activities, and other stories of general community interest. One of these days I would love to get some art on the cover- but I just don't seem to know how to get it noticed! I can't say that I paid any attention to this sort of stuff on Milwaukee, but since the IPad came out two years ago I started to draw again and have had some luck lately as a winner in the New Yorker Eustace Tilley Contest last month, and submitted two pieces of art in the Library's art contest today. If you know anyone who might know somebody interested in this type of art, please let me know! All is takes is a jpeg/PDF document and it's yours on email. In the meantime, we continue to look forward to the Hill Rag- and it definitely serves as an inspiration!
Spring is here

No comments:

Post a Comment