Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's Friday In My Head

It is such a beautiful day today. It's almost 70 degrees and it was very difficult for me to go back to work after I came home for lunch this afternoon. I felt like a caged animal inside the building knowing how nice it was outside. So I decided to use the 30 minutes of credit time I had on the books and left a little early. On the way home it was still sunny, and Bullfeathers sidewalk patio was jammed with staffers and the like. Someone left their radio/CD/ipod player on with the car window down so we could all "enjoy" whatever music they preferred. The nannies were out with the strollers and the skateboarders were doing their thing. The daffodils on the corner are in full bloom, and the African Violets in our garden never looked so healthy and lush. My husband put the bird bath out as the critters are starting to show up again. This was the fourth warmest February on record. I work nine hour days so I get every other Friday off and three day weekends. So, it feels like Friday today. I never had a schedule like this in health care- nor weather like this in March in Wisconsin. Now- if only I could get to three work days a week....
A fine showing

Never looked so pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment