Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mini Cooper

When we lived in Wisconsin, it was unthinkable to have a vehicle that was not a four wheel drive. And if it wasn't, at least one of the two vehicles had to have it. We had a lot of Toyotas and the first Pathfinder that came on the market. But we also had an MR-2 and Supra that were mostly for fun. My husband only had a couple blocks to drive to work. I, on the other hand, had to travel all over town and needed something a little more reliable. So, in the end, the Subaru Forester became the car of choice. With a big dog, and winter travel, it was and remains the perfect car for us even here in DC. And now that we have to park on the street, it matters less and less car we have, as long as it starts when we need to use it and when it gets bumped we simply don't care. But since we moved here, I have had my eye on the Mini Cooper, then the Club man, and now the SUV. There are a lot of them around town in all colors, and as convertibles. Every time I see one, I make a comment, but I know it's something that will never happen. Not because we couldn't get one, but because having a Subaru is just so much more practical as long as we only have one car.

There it is- the Mini 4 wheel drive SUV right in front of the house
I'll just have to admire it from afar

No comments:

Post a Comment