Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Need Your Shoes Shined?

For the last month or so, the shoe shine guy has set up his "shop" on the grassy part past the sidewalk right in front of Bullfeathers. I don't know if they like him being there or not, or if he even needs a license to do this work. It seems he routinely has a few customers as they wait for their lunch. After awhile, you begin to recognize the same faces as you pass back and forth all the time. One day, he started saying hello, and tipping his hat as I was approached. Then on another day, he suggested that he could do wonders on my boots. He probably could, but I sure can't see myself sitting up there in that little chair for all the world to see. Although he did say I could bring the boots by and he would bring them back the next day. I suppose that is what being a salesman is all about- and also the biggest reason why I would never want to be one. But it does serve a purpose- just not during the winter months. 
On the way back to work after lunch

Right out in front of Bullfeathers

Napped a customer totally inside his own world

No comments:

Post a Comment