Friday, April 6, 2012

A Lecture About Isfahan

Every once in a while the Library offers programs that we particularly are interested in seeing. The program today had something to do with Isfahan and was set up in the Middle Eastern Division in the Jefferson Building. Our dear friends from Milwaukee had just arrived in town in time to join us. So my husband picked them up at Reagan Airport, which only takes 10  minutes when traffic is light, and they all met me at the Madison Building entrance. We made out way underground through the tunnels and up a few flights of stairs, through the exhibits, and in to the Middle Eastern Section that is located on the North Side of the Jefferson Building. This side of the building faces the Supreme Court. I can't say that the lecture was so great, but the space is just beautiful- which is really the reason I like to go. When it was over, we reversed our steps, ran in to my boss and a few colleagues, and had lunch in the newly renovated cafeteria on the 6th floor. From there we had a great view of our house. It's just so nice to be able to share these experiences- particularly when it is Spring Break and the crowds are quite dense. I'm so lucky I work in such a great place and even know my way around!
We visited Isfahan three years ago- and had been there 13 years before that

This is the wallpaper picture on my computer screen

The entrance to the Middle Eastern Division in the Jefferson Building

Taking the stairs to our destination- a lot of tourists below

An introduction of the event by the Library staff

The ceilings are magnificent-
the building was completed in the late 1800's

A stairway to the books

No comments:

Post a Comment