Thursday, April 26, 2012

Taking Our Daughters & Sons to Work Day

It seemed to be really busy this morning as we walked to work. Bullfeathers was jammed for a breakfast meeting with Congressional staff, and the streets around the Library were so full of cars that it was difficult to cross the street. I got to the office and started seeing little people walking alongside their parents, and it dawned on me that it was take your daughter or son to work day. Once in the office, I saw a couple more participants- one came by with his very proud father all decked out in a suit and tie- must have been around 8-9 years old. When I went for coffee, I walked past the Montpelier Room on the sixth floor and it was filled to the brim with people. I'm not sure what the program was about- but it was a talent show of sorts. In front of the main entrance doorway was a group of young girls rehearsing their dance steps one last time. As I don't personally participate in this event, I'm not sure of the merit of it all. Let's hope the folks that attended got something out of it. Or was it just a day away from school or a babysitting opportunity? Whatever the case, it sure is a great environement to have it in.
Last minute instructions and practice

What does this have to do with the event?

The place was jammed

This signs were posted throughout the building

The instructor showing one last direction

No comments:

Post a Comment