Saturday, April 21, 2012

Yekta in Rockville Maryland

It's been three years since we went on our trip to Iran with our friends from here to visit our family and friends there. It was my second visit - the first one was in 1996. There are several Iranian restaurants in the area - in Arlington, Alexandria, and Bethesda. There is another one in Rockville by the name of Yekta. When we first moved here, we visited this place because there is also a bazaar of sorts located nearby. We heard that the restaurant was renovated, so we took a ride to check out both. Inside were the usual items my husband likes-quince, to make jelly, and a dessert made with pistachios. And of course, there is the bread! I have to say the music was not what I would listen to all day long, but it did remind me a little bit about our trip. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to come all the way here from another country, and the courage it takes to make such a life change. I'm not so sure I could do it- but my grandparents did. It was hard enough just to move from Wisconsin to Washington. And we speak the same language. So it's always nice to find a place that reminds one of their home, even if it's not quite the same thing. I'll take a Polish Pierogi and kielbasa anytime. Those sights and smells bring back a lot of memories.

On the main drag in Rockville

The "bazaar" is right next door

We know a few people by this name!

A nice little set up

A favorite beverage

We love the bread

Reminds me of all the cities we visited

I can't read it

We visited Persepolis

My husband said he had an Isfahani accent

Always a treat

1 comment:

  1. Very intersting :x

    I loved the cans ''Light Tuna''

    :)

    ReplyDelete