Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hill Rag Wall Art

Here it is the month of May and the Hill Rag finally came out on Sunday. We picked it up from the stand on the corner on our way home from our walk to Eastern Market, where there was a sort of Book Festival scheduled for the day. The Hill Rag is the only newspaper/Community paper we read, because it also serves as wall art in our family room. This month the picture is quite pleasing to my eye, but it would be more pleasing if and when my cover art is ever highlighted. I've been working on a website for my digital art work, and am hoping to go live with it in the near future. Then, when and if my digital work is ever used on the cover, the website could be referenced. I've been working with a really nice guy in the Congressional Research Service at the Library, who happens to know a lot about these sorts of things. And I really appreciate all his help and patience! It is very time consuming, but I guess you could say I've learned something new with this process. I'm not sure if I would have taken this route if I still lived in Milwaukee, but I am very grateful for having the opportunity to meet and work with so many new and different folks here.
The May cover

From the Hill Rag- about the artist

No comments:

Post a Comment