Monday, June 18, 2012

Churchill, Big Ben, and The Washington Post

We were in England for a long weekend about 2 weeks ago. For some reason, the short trip is still vivid in my mind. Coincidentally, the Washington Post is having a Travel Photo Contest now. Although we did not get to see a lot of London, we did take a whirlwind tour of the city during the Queen's Jubilee. I've always liked Churchill and we came across his daunting, larger than life statue, eclipsing Big Bend- at least from my angle. Although the city was filled with travelers, you would never know it by looking at the photo. I was snapping photos with my IPhone as we ran along, and this one just appeared interesting in its dimensions. I'm sure it won't make the cut, but it is always fun to enter these contests. I would never have dreamed that my Tilley the Pooch was a winner in the New Yorker Eustace Tilley Contest earlier this year. I do remember entering some photo contests in Milwaukee, and also entered a AAA Safety poster contest when I was about 12 years old in Florida (and won!). I suppose if you like to draw, take photos, and create things it goes along with the territory regardless of where you live. The technology today just makes it so much easier!
The Washington Post website

Churchill larger than life dwarfing Big Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment