Monday, August 13, 2012

Empty Streets and Halls of August

The streets are usually booming with activity- car, food truck, pedestrian, cab, you name it traffic. But the Capitol Hill Club is closed, Congress is out of session, and just about anyone who has vacation time is using it up this month. I am one of the unfortunates who does not have a lot of vacation. But it's really hard to be the only one walking in the long hallways at work. They look ten times longer especially on Mondays and Fridays. I suppose we should enjoy the quiet- and I do. But I feel like I could be doing something better with my time- particularly at this time of the year. But then again I should consider how fortunate I am to even have this job, and that I can walk to it. I probably would not have noticed otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment