Saturday, August 18, 2012

Not a Rainy Day or a Monday

It was too early to go home after lunch so we rode around the neighborhood a bit. The clouds were dancing, the sun was shining, and the tourist season is coming to a close. Since the song "Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down" hits home for me, I am always so exhilarated to be out and about on any day opposite of what the title suggests. It still amazes me that these most recognizable places are only a couple blocks from where we live and I actually work in one of them. I could pass by them a million times and am never tired of looking at them, thinking about the activities that occur in them all year long and the years gone by, and watching the visitors taking just about as many photos as I do. I don't remember ever having that feeling in Milwaukee. And I don't remember having so many sunny, bright days there either.

No comments:

Post a Comment