Friday, August 31, 2012

Sometimes It's Better Not to Know



















Compared to our tiny patio and secret garden here on Capitol Hill, we had an acre of land in Milwaukee. And along with that acre of land was a fenced in yard for a beautiful white borzoi. And all around the house and next to the fence were several gardens that were painstakingly nurtured by me. Several clay pots and window boxes were filled with seasonal selections. Since we moved, we have kept in touch with our next door neighbors and continue to see them regularly. I received a photo of the north side of the house from our friend and was aghast at what I saw. This is why I don't like visiting back home because I can't help but think about all the time and enjoyment I got out of creating the landscape. Although it is no longer our home or yard, I know I have no business commenting about their bad taste - but I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment