Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hill Rag Wall Art and LITDigital Art Ad

As usual, we are always interested to see what will be on the Hill Rag cover. I love the art, and we hang the current issue in the TV room. I'm still hoping one of these days, something of mine might grace the cover. It seems the closest thing I will get to having anything in the community periodical is an ad that I place myself! I love sketching and drawing on my IPad, and am very interested in doing not only pet portraits, but gardens, or houses, or who knows what. I have an Etsy shop called LITDigitalPaintings and my own website called LoisTavaf.com or LIT Digital Art and Such. I'm glad I enjoy what I do because it is really hard to market a product! And I'm glad I still have a day job. I'm not sure if I would have even started something like this in Wisconsin. But having the IPad reignited my interest in drawing, and it's a great hobby. Two of my pieces are on display at the Library- in fact someone stopped me today to say how much he liked them. Two more are on exhibit at the Clara Barton National Historic Site. I was a winner in The New Yorker Eustace Tilley contest this year. And I'm working on another children's book. It's a treat to hear positive feedback, and I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment