Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Maryland Country Roads

We took a day trip to Antietam. The best part is getting off the freeway and on to the side streets. We tried out the new Apple maps, and the app worked well for this occasion. We passed through Boonsboro, and Middletown. Main Street, USA looks the same in all these towns. I lived on Main Street in Fall River, Massachusetts. If you can get past all the hanging electrical, cable, and phone lines, wires and poles, the scenery is delightful. My husband always says he could never live in places like these. He much prefers the urban life style, with all the aggravations and opportunities. I think the internet has made it much easier to exist in an isolated place. Regardless, the winding roads, crisp autumn air, hills, pumpkins, and farm houses reminded me a lot of Wisconsin. I tend to agree that these are probably not the places for me either. But it all started in little towns like this, and there is something to be said about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment