Monday, December 10, 2012

The Library of Congress Christmas Tree

When I learned this morning that the Library's Christmas Tree was going up today I knew I wanted to meander over to the Jefferson Building on my afternoon walk to see the action. Last year I took several photos after the tree was decorated. In fact, our Christmas card this year is my rendering of the completely lit tree from last year. So it was interesting to watch all the work it takes to get this thing going. They have the same problem untangling all the twinkly light strands! All around the workmen the tours continue, people stand in awe, and a photographer is catching the activity. The building interior is simply beautiful...in fact it is told that the Capitol folks were so jealous at the time, that they ended up doing some remodeling to try and out do the Library. And so the seasons change, and the tree goes up. And I can't think of a more elegant surrounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment