Sunday, December 9, 2012

You'll Never See These Prices in DC

Before leaving St Petersburg this afternoon we decided to head out to Nick's for breakfast. It would give my mom one more chance to get out of the house. This is the place my parents frequented when they were able to drive and get around. And there was always the daily special that my dad always preferred. The restaurant was the same and unusually quiet for a Sunday morning. The wait staff were friendly and it was pleasant and bright. But it was the prices that got our attention. Who would ever get breakfast for three people for under twenty dollars with smiling faces, frequent checks for coffee refills, and a neighborly vibe? My husband said he's afraid if we ever decided to retire here we would be at Nick's every morning and morph in to one of the regulars that weigh a tidy amount. It's hard to decide if or when one should move. I guess we'll just have to see what happens. I could retire now with Nick's prices. DC is nice, but it is expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment