Sunday, January 20, 2013

Inauguration Sights

Since we are not venturing out in to the cold and crowd tomorrow, we took a spin down the Avenue, past the White House, and back up through the Mall. We left the house before 1:30 and returned at 3:30. I'm not sure how many miles we logged, but both of us are exhausted. It was bright and sunny, but very windy. Since it is January we can't really complain when the temp hits near 60. Along the way we saw constituents who were promised tickets lining up to enter the House and Senate Office Buildings, blue skies, camera crews on top of buildings and in the street, tons of tourists and well wishes, rein-actors of some kind, no traffic along Pennsylvania Avenue, porta potties, CNN programming, and what I think was Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson practicing their bits at the Capitol. I think I'm getting inauguration fatigue and will be glad when it is over. I like routine, and in a way, this is one....but it only happens every four years. Maybe that's a good thing. I'm looking forward to actually seeing something on our widescreen TV tomorrow. That's what we did in Wisconsin and sounds really appealing about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment