Thursday, February 14, 2013

Shadow, Reserved Parking, Bathrobe, Birds, Food Trucks and Holiday

What was odd about today? A couple of things. I haven't seen my shadow in so long I forgot how it looked. I'd like to see it more often, and have oftentimes lamented that we didn't move far enough south from Milwaukee. Someone took it upon himself or herself to reserve a parking spot on a city street - quite annoying when neighbors depend on street parking. Or maybe it was a neighbor? It won't matter because nothing will be done about it. I don't have a photo, but my husband tells me one of the residents in our building was walking around the hallways in his bathrobe and nothing more. I'm sure the congresswoman who just moved here from the Midwest will love it. Those little sparrows who live in the big bush were basking in the sun. The Cupcake truck pulled in next to them today. I hope they get a few crumbs. A new food truck called Flavors of India parked behind DC Ballers. I'm sure it irritates the brick and mortar establishments but delights the neighbors and workers who need to change up the lunch menu. Probably none if this amounts to anything but I just noticed it all on my two block walk back to work after lunch. After having made those observations, the best one was seeing the George Washington holiday sign in the door when I walked in. I never had this holiday off working in health care. It put a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment