Thursday, March 28, 2013

Capitol Visitor Center Spring Crowds

You would never know it is Spring until you amble in to the Capitol Visitor Center. This is the time of year that the city becomes really busy and tourists abound. I wasn't surprised to find long lines waiting to see the film and take the tour. It is a really nice way to spend some time with your own out of town guests. If you know exactly when you want to visit, you can request tickets online. But you can also just walk up to the ticketing counter and get the next available time. You may have to wait a bit though. And don't forget to venture behind Freedom to see the rest of the exhibits. I like to head over to the Capitol Visitor Center once in a while for my afternoon walk. And it reminds how lucky I am that I can do just that - without a lot of planning required.

No comments:

Post a Comment