Monday, March 18, 2013

Food Truck Rainbow on M Street

Usually I see one to three food trucks standing out front of the brick and mortar restaurants on my walk home for lunch. I've never tried one, but I know someone who tracks the Lobster truck on line. When we were out and about the other day on M Street near the Nationals Stadium neighborhood, new ice rink, and the Department of Transportation, there were many more than three trucks doing a brisk business. There was quite a selection: Philadelphia CheeseSteak, the Henhouse, Kohinoor Dhaba Indian, Halal Grill, Kraving Kabob, and DC Empanadas. I thought I saw somewhere today that more regulations would be enforced. What they are I don't know - but that may mean fewer trucks. But what struck me was how pretty all the trucks looked lined up one after the other along M Street. I'm just glad I don't have to search for lunch when I'm at work. I much prefer seeing my husband's smiling face and the peace and quiet. I never had this luxury in Milwaukee. You could consider it a huge perk.  But I like seeing my husband. Not sure everyone else does!

















No comments:

Post a Comment