Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Library of Congress Employee Art Exhibit

I can't believe a year has already passed by. That statement crosses a lot of folks lips for a lot of different reasons. This time, it means it's time to bring in works of art for the Employee Art Exhibit at the Library. Last year was the first time I submitted anything. I had not really known much about the event and a couple of colleagues mentioned it might be a good idea. So I gathered all the instructions and got all the designated materials and filled out the forms. I had to have plexiglass made to fit the 11x14 frames because glass is not acceptable or safe. I actually prefer using foam board because it is light and looks nicer - to me. This year was a lot easier because I feel like I just went through it and already had the frames and plexiglass. I just needed to exchange the images I used last year, then complete and attach the forms. I had four hand painted images made using my IPad as the canvas and posted them on Facebook to get an opinion on the two I should consider to use. So today I brought both pieces to the holding area for the exhibit that is planned for May through October. Chase, the English Springer Spaniel from Australia, and the Women Climbing Steps at Persepolis were selected as the best images of the four proposed. What's really cool about it all is that I can say that my work has been and hopefully will be on display at the Library of Congress. I definitely could not have done that in Milwaukee. By the way, if you are interested in custom art, please check out my Etsy Shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/LITDigitalPaintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment