Saturday, April 20, 2013

Cherry Blossoms - What a Difference A Few Weeks Makes!

Over the last two months I have been taking photos of the same spot along Independence Avenue that shows the progress of the cherry trees along the Tidal Basin across from the Jefferson Memorial. I didn't really plan it that way, but when we passed by the same location today, I mentioned to my husband that its hard to believe its only been a week since the hoards of people were crawling around the city looking at the beauty that occurs this time of year. We had back to back guests the last two weekends and spent a lot of time driving around this area. One trip took and hour and a half to go about two miles. Now everything is green and strangely quiet. It prompted me to go back and find the same images over time, and think about the natural event that prompts so many visitors to come to DC. It is a beautiful sight, no matter how long you've lived here. I never get tired of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment