Friday, June 14, 2013

Art Exhibit Reception at The Library of Congress

This week there was a reception at the Library for the artists who contributed works to the show this year. I submitted two of my digital paintings - English Springer Spaniel and Women on the Steps of Persepolis. They will be on display until October on the sixth floor of the Madison building. This event has been going on for over forty years now and I am so happy to be able to participate. The speaker talked a little about Copyright issues, which is quite interesting particularly in the digital age. A lot of folks travel to this place and you never know who might see these "works of art" and crafts. There is always an interesting event going on at the Library that makes it a very interesting place to work. I can't really compare it to all the hospitals and health care settings I worked in Milwaukee. They are entirely different worlds, in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment