Thursday, July 11, 2013

The First Harvest From The Patio Garden

We used to have a large vegetable garden in Milwaukee.  But I don't think we ever had as good luck with that one as we have with our little patio garden on Capitol Hill. When I came home from work last evening, my husband was chomping at the bit to get his hands on that ripe tomato that was begging to be plucked. But because there were a few other things ready to be snatched, it was a ceremony. After  the tomato, the little green/yellow pepper came second. It was followed by the cucumber that was slumbering.  Those cucumbers have a way of hiding, and I know there were probably a few more out there, but we just didn't see them yet. They are wrapping themselves around everything in sight! The green pepper and the eggplant still need some time to mature, but they are looking good.  Needless to say, the items we harvested were simply delicious! I hope we have a bountiful crop!





No comments:

Post a Comment