Sunday, December 8, 2013

Holly, Greens, and Snow

As long as I don't need to go anywhere, the snow and ice doesn't bother me. It's only when I have to walk, drive, or travel in it that I much prefer a sunnier, warmer climate. That is one of the main reasons we left Wisconsin. But since it is December, and a Sunday, I can live with it. What makes it a little more festive is that our friend dropped off some wonderful holiday fresh cut greenery. This is exactly what we use to decorate the house for the season. In Wisconsin, I always went to the back yard with a saw and a cutting blade and had a never ending supply of this kind of thing. We always had window boxes and pots planted full with garlands, and a variety of pine and holly branches. It in this small space, we only need a little bit, along with a wreath that makes the place smell like a fresh cut Christmas tree. For now, we'll put the branches in some water until it's time to decorate. And I'll look out the window and enjoy the snow today...but tomorrow I know I won't have the same feeling. 







No comments:

Post a Comment