Sunday, December 1, 2013

Staples - Ink and Coffee

It's an expensive habit but a necessary one. I use my desktop printer to make 8 x 10 prints of my dog and cat portraits to mount on foam board and hang in the Wagtime shop on Capitol Hill across from the Historic Navy Yard. I also need to print 4 x 6 photos of the items I receive for commissioned orders so I can first sketch the subject. I then look at the photo as my "subject" while I'm painting the portrait on my iPad - no different, and no easier, than using a paintbrush on a canvas. Regardless, I need to get replacement ink for my printer, as I have been printing a lot lately because of several holiday requests. So we rode over to Alexandria to the Staples shop, and used my "discount" ink and toner savings pass to save a couple bucks. While there, we picked up a few Keurig Coffee K cup packs as we just ran out over the recent Thanksgiving dinner! So we killed two birds with one stone and it was a delightful ride on a brisk sunny day. Now I need to get to work as those portraits are calling!








No comments:

Post a Comment