Monday, December 9, 2013

The Hill Rag vs Old Town Crier

Ever since we moved to Capitol Hill from Milwaukee I have looked forward to getting one of the few - if not the only - hard copy publications we bring in to our house. It has a dual purpose - a chance to read about the community (although it is also available on line) - and to display the cover as art in our tv room. This month the publication will be hidden by the few remaining Christmas cards we receive, and it will be removed completely if I ever get around to putting up holiday decorations. But across the river in Alexandria is another local magazine called Old Town Crier that is also published monthly. I usually pick it up at TJ Stones, a restaurant we go to at least at the same frequency. I have to say both of them have interesting local stories, but because I live on Capitol Hill I much prefer The Hill Rag. But I don't think I will ever be able to compete with the likes of Monet to get some art on the cover. I guess I'll need to rely on my own marketing strategies. 





No comments:

Post a Comment