Saturday, January 11, 2014

An Eerie Capitol City - Marble, Fog, and Rain

As pretty as the Washington is in Spring, it takes on an even more interesting, or should I say, eerie feel when it is raining and foggy. Along with the rain and the fog comes a very sparse visiting population compared to the hoards that descend upon the town during cherry blossom time.  I have captured these same views so many times before, during every season. But there is something about living in this town that is still captivating. Along the GW Parkway were low hanging clouds and ice covering the Potomac River. The tops of the monuments were hidden in the mist, and everything is grey against the white marble facades. The raindrops on the car widow make the scenes even more intriguing. Even though it is a memorable ride, I am happy to get back inside the house, and appreciate why our friends in London travel so much. Even though the weather remains rather consistent throughout the year there, it's more like this. I definitely would go out of my mind if I had to live in a place like this all year round. But once in awhile it's worth taking about. 










No comments:

Post a Comment