Monday, January 13, 2014

Business Cards - Do You Still Use Them?

I've had business cards professionally since I can remember. There was a time when hard copy business cards were widely used and distributed with all kinds of specially designed cases to carry them in.  But I'm at a different place in my career and so is the world and how it does business. Yes, I still have hard copy cards from The Library of Congress. It uses a consistent template. But for the artistic side of my digital painting "business" I have designed a few cards and spent the weekend remaking one so my signature logo is the focus. Since I love to create pet portraits from photographs the first couple reflected that design. I also do buildings, people and scenes. So the logo used on my websites and Facebook business page made most sense. I can't say I really used any of them except as an advertisement in the Hill Rag. But just in case anyone sees a pet portrait at the Wagtime Shop and wants to know who was responsible, I'm thinking to place a few alongside my paintings there using an alligator clip. As for anyone else - do you still use them? They just don't seem practical anymore. 




No comments:

Post a Comment