Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Capitol Hill Feels Like Milwaukee

We left Milwaukee thinking it would be less cold in winter and to enjoy four seasons here rather than one long winter there. Based on that thinking we left behind a lot of heavy duty winter clothing including the typical lumberjack ear flap hats and several more winter coats. Thank goodness I kept my favorite winter jacket that has fur lining that can be removed and a hood with fur trim that can also be removed. But that wasn't even enough today with this dreadful cold and wind. So I felt like the kid on A Christmas Story by layering all the additional garments - stockings, pants, rain pants, long underwear shirt, turtleneck, north face rain jacket/ wind breaker, fur scarf, fur lined coat, lined snow boots, and gloves. It takes forever to put all this stuff on and take off, especially since I walk home for lunch. I suppose it beats freezing, but I would much prefer not going out in it at all. I have come to realize that it isn't necessarily the weather that's so bad- just that if you have to be somewhere - like work- it's the pits. 



No comments:

Post a Comment