Friday, January 10, 2014

Fine Art America, Zazzle, and Etsy Sales

For almost three years now I have been creating digital paintings with my IPad. I've written and illustrated three children's books and self published them in print and Kindle versions on Amazon, set up an Etsy shop for both custom and ready made images, started a Zazzle shop that uses my images on a variety of products, and a Fine Art America shop where both photographs and digital images can be turned in to posters, cards, iPhone cases, metal, acrylic, and framed paintings. I also print, mat, and display all my custom pet portraits at the Wagtime Shop "gallery wall" on Capitol Hill. I love getting custom orders via Etsy and by word of mouth. But what is even more entertaining and fun is whenever I get an email from any of the other places that something that I created was sold.  Someone bought a plate from Zazzle with my black lab portrait on it; someone else bought a T shirt with my borzoi image; from Fine Art America my Iranian doors and door knocker photo was sold as a poster and my Highclere Castle/Downton Abbey photo was sold as two greeting cards; a ready made image of the Supreme Court in Spring was sold to someone in California to use as office art, and my Women on Persepolis steps was sold to someone in Australia. I would be painting regardless, but all these venues really offer worldwide opportunities. I'm just thrilled other folks find my art something worth purchasing and displaying given the millions of products and art on the market. Thanks so much! But I definitely do need to keep my day job!




No comments:

Post a Comment