Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Snail Mail Delivery Rather Than On Line

Whenever I have a commission to do a digital portrait, the process is all virtual except for the last order. My mom, who lives out of state, has a friend who requested a portrait be made of a dog who lives in California with his owner. She sent me the photo of the dog in regular USPS mail. As usual, I created the portrait on my iPad. Once completed, after several bits of communication in between, I send the completed portrait by email as a jpeg image attachment. The person who requested it can print it using their printer, use it as a digital image, create a product using the image like a coffee mug or t-shirt, and be creative. This time however, I needed to print the image myself and mail it to the recipient as a gift. So I walked the package to the Longworth House Office Building today and got some stamps while I was there. I have to say it may be good exercise, but I much prefer the digital email approach to the standard hard copy UPS approach. But I'll do anything for my mom - even if it means printing something and walking to the post office. 





No comments:

Post a Comment