Friday, January 24, 2014

The Best UPS Delivery Guy in DC

The following query was left by one of the residents of our building. It is followed by other resident responses. We always knew this about our UPS delivery guy - just happy to see others have noticed too!

QUESTION: "Dear all, I just want to express my thanks to the person (s) who has been faithfully delivering my many packages to my door for several months. To be precise, my packages from J.Crew and Net-a-Porter, as opposed to my packages from H&M and Urban Outfitters. Your reliability has been so consistent that I have been able to predict when you would deliver and when you wouldn't - no complaint at all because I don't order much from H&M and I do appreciate the frequent J.Crew deliveries. But why the distinction? And who are you so that I can thank you in person, perhaps over coffee? Your grateful neighbor, G"

"G-- I think I can solve the mystery for you -- We have a UPS guy who is amazing!   He is just a great guy -- better than all the rest -- and he always leaves my packages in front of my door -- That's how I know he's on the job!! I can't give him near enough praise!   He even knows my name! (Not that I'm a frequent shopper, of course!) So -- next time you see our UPS guy -- be sure to thank him -- because I'd bet a buck he's the source of such kindness!"

"Sounds like he has short blond hair and worn shorts in summer time. Around 40.  He has pleasant disposition.  Like what you said, he always went up and left my packages in front of my door. Sometimes he rang the bell (flashing light) to get me to the door. Hope he "forever" will stay on the job."  :-)

"G, I second what R said. If your package yesterday was from Zappos, it was definitely our super cool UPS guy who delivered it to your door because I let him in the front door and saw him go upstairs."

People aren't used to this kind of service in this town. I'd like to say it is much more common in the Midwest, and I certainly do miss that!



No comments:

Post a Comment