Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Capitol Fox

I wouldn't have believed it if I did not see a picture of it. My husband called me excitedly on the phone to report a fox sighting on his walk this morning. And not out in the woods somewhere but in front of the Capitol Building. The red furry fellow got the attention of the Capitol police guards, who claim he lives there, and all the others passing by. My husband usually doesn't take photos, so I was pleased to see all the backdrops he caught him in - in front of the Supreme Court, the Library, and all the Capitol surroundings. It wasn't all that unusual to see coyotes, skunks, raccoons, deer and other wildlife in our neighborhood in Milwaukee. You never know what you will run in to around here, but seeing something like this was very unexpected and thoroughly entertaining - even though I missed it. The funny thing is it looks like he owns the place! Does anyone out there know the story about the Capitol fox?









No comments:

Post a Comment