Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What a Difference a Day Makes -Part 2

Just the other day we went form dreary and rainy to beautiful blue skies. Last night, the sunset was unusually beautiful. I suppose it was in expectation of the 4-8 inches of snow we are supposed to get here today. Having been off yesterday for the Martin Luther King Jr holiday, I didn't feel much like going to work today after a very long wonderful weekend. So I kept my fingers crossed that the federal government would close. We listened to the 11 PM news, and all the schools were announcing closures, but the OPM (Office of Personnel Management) website said "open for business" and the Library contact number said the same. So I left the seven AM alarm off just in case, and asked my husband, who is always up by 6:30, to call the work number to get a status before 7 AM. Only then would he need to wake me up if I had to go in. When I woke up at 7:15, I knew the outcome and rolled over to go back to sleep. Wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment