Friday, February 7, 2014

Apple and Toshiba Products Littering the House

My Toshiba laptop is biting the dust, and XP will no longer be supported. I got the laptop in Milwaukee before we moved here and it has served me well. It has word and excel which I occasionally need to use. I am also an avid Apple fan, and use the iPad to create all my digital art. The iPhone is great for blogging, and all the Apple devices talk to each other. Aside from that, my husband also has an iPhone, my first generation iPad, and a Lenovo laptop with Vista - which I hate. I just didn't want to learn how to use the Mac operating system yet, and have the need for some of my art to be on a windows based system. On top of that, we just switched to Windows 7 at work. I'm not sure why, but sometimes when I send the final jpeg image to customers from my iPad, they are unable to open it. When I send the same image form my windows laptop, there is no problem. And I like using Picasa for photos and printing. So I finally decided to replace the old Toshiba with another Toshiba that is both a touch screen and a regular laptop. I finally got the printer installed and working, but can't seem to save images sent from my iPad! Today I lost the touchscreen capability but rebooted the thing and it worked fine. I also needed to do a spreadsheet and had to use my old dying device that has been relegated to the back burner - just for these reasons! I don't have any office products installed on the new windows 8 operating system. It's getting to be comical and sad at the same time to need all this junk. But I don't know what I'd do without them.


No comments:

Post a Comment