Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Long Underwear, Boots, and Turtleneck Sweaters

I'm really getting tired of this cold, damp and snowy weather and waiting for the day I will be able to walk outside without having to put on all this extra apparel. Thank goodness I kept a lot of my winter garb from Milwaukee. I really didn't think I would be needing it this much! There are four types of boots - knee high light leather that is best suited for skirts, fur lined ankle boots that go best with pants, knee high rubber rain boots when there is more rain than snow, and something to the shin that is lined with flannel stuffing for heavy duty several inches of snow. Work wear has becomes casual with turtlenecks rather than skirts and jackets. I never wore pants to work but because it's so cold and I walk a couple blocks it would be fool hearty to do otherwise. But the one item I thought I would never use again is long underwear. Because it is so cold in my office a sweater isn't enough. So the extra layer of silk and cotton makes a big difference. The one item I left behind and regret the most is my lumberjack hat with the ear flaps. My heavy fur lined coat with the  hood is okay, but it's much easier to turn your head with a hat. This is ridiculous - except of course if there is a snow day tomorrow. Then I won't have to deal with any of it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment