Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Hand Delivered Painting

Usually when I get a request for a painting it is delivered by email in the form of a jpeg image. The image is sized so it can be printed up to about 18x24. What makes digital art so useful is that it can be displayed in so many different ways. I use websites like a Fine Art America to test different mats, frames, stretched canvas, metal, and card options. And the image can be used over and over again. Minimally it can be used on most electronic devices and printed on a desktop printer. I had a recent local request that was a little different than usual. Because this individual is quite special, he gets special treatment. I printed five variations of the same painting, put them in plastic sleeves, and wrapped them in a raffia ribbon. My plan is to hand deliver the finished project. Unfortunately my printer is capable of printing only up to 8 1/2 x 11. But the jpegs are always available to take to the local printshop once a final decision is made. I'm hoping he likes the work. It's made me think about product presentation - which is very different than an email attachment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment